Most word processors, have the following features
- They allow the use to create, save, edit, format and retrieve files
- Have editing tools such as spelling checkers
- Have predefined features such as generating headers, footers, indexes, footnotes and references
- They can be used to create and import tables, graphics, text etc.
- Have a user friendly layout that allows the user to do an action easier and efficiently
The main purpose of word processors is to write letters, reports, projects, books, essays, memos, curriculum vitae, resumes etc.
To be able to choose a correct word processor, consider the following points:
- Check the type of operating system you are using and check whether it can support which word processors
- If its user friendly
- Consider your user needs
- Consider the cost of purchase
- Whether it has most common features available with most word processors
- Whether it comes with a warranty
- Whether it has inbuilt automatic updates
- Whether it comes with a documentation that has help and support.