Computers are programmed to process data in different ways. Just like humans they can process shortest job first-SJF, First Come First Serve-FCFS or they can just Round Robin giving a time span, important/emergency jobs first-real time. Computers can also multitask or multi-programming etc. Examples of processing modes are:
1. Online Processing
2. Real-Time processing
3. Distributed Processing
5. Batch Processing
7. Interactive Processing
1. Quick processing especially where all required data is available
2. Availability of data and information digitally
3. Distance between entities that are processing data is made non-significant
4. Support for information sharing and collaboration on a wider scale.
1. Security of data can be compromised during storage or while in transit on networks if appropriate measures are not taken
2. Lack of legal frameworks in many countries that should support electronic processing activities
3. Lack of ICT skills among many knowledge workers to support electronic data processing.
1. What similarity is there between:
i> Online processing and real-time processing
ii> Multiprocessing and multi-programming
2. What differences are there between:
i. Online processing and real-time processing
ii. Multiprocessing and multi-programming
3. Gatitu Secondary school Board of Governors has asked you to help them find a computer processing mode that they will introduce to enroll form one students each year that will allow them to confirm admissions, pay school fees without necessarily having to travel physically to the school. Which processing mode would you recommend and why
4. Of the processing modes, which mode is effective for filling questionnaires online and why?