posted May 6, 2015, 1:46 AM by Maurice Nyamoti
updated May 6, 2015, 3:21 AM
- State three reasons why high level languages are better than low level languages
- Explain why HTML is not a true programming language
- List three examples of forth generation programming languages
- Describe the features of fifth generation languages
- Define the term structured programming
- state two reasons for documenting all the stages of program development
- Give three types of program documentation in reference to programming
- Write HTML code that would display a green background , with the words 'hello' on the screen
- Draw a flowchart showing the general flow of the following:
- the nested IF selection
- the FOR loop
- REPEAT....UNTIL loop
- Write a program algorithm that would enable the user to enter student marks. The program should then determine whether the mark entered is a pass or fail given that the passmark is 50
- Draw a flowchart for a program that is to prompt for N numbers, accumulate the sum and then find the average. The output is the accumulated totals and the average.
- Write a pseudocode that reads temperature for each day in a week, in degrees Celsius, converts the Celsius into Fahrenheit and then calculate the average weekly temperatures. The program should output the calculated average in degrees Fahrenheit.
- A lady deposits 2000 shillings in a micro finance company at an interest rate of 20% per annum. At the end of each year, the interest earned is added to the deposit and the new amount becomes the deposit for that year. Write an algorithm for a program that would track the growth of the deposits over a period of seven years.
- Mukumu took a loan of Ksh 400 000 from a local bank at an interest rate of 10% payable in four years. Assuming you wish to develop a computer program that will keep track on monthly repayments;
- Identify the input, processing and output requirements for such a program
- Design the algorithm for the program using a simple flowchart and pseudocode.