1. (a). Define System software.
(b). Name and explain the main categories of system software.
(c). Name THREE programs which can be classified as ‘System programs’
2. Write short notes on the following:
(a). Text editor.
3. (a). What is a Programming language?
(b). Identify the various types of programming languages.
1. Describe a Firmware.
2. What is an Operating System?
3. (a). What is meant by ‘Machine language’?
(b). What is the difference between machine and Assembly language?
4. (a). Most computer programming is carried out using High-level or Third generation
languages. What is a High-level language?
(b). Name THREE popular High-level programming languages.